The Certificate IV in Hospitality teaches you the skills you need to oversee hospitality organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, food and beverage, and gaming.
The course consists of 9 core units and 12 elective units, with core units listed below:
- SITHIND008 Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXCCS015 Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXCOM010 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN009 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXHRM007 Coach others in job skills
- SITXHRM008 Roster staff
- SITXHRM009 Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT004 Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS007 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHFAB031 Provide advice on beers, spirits and liqueurs
- SITHFAB034 Provide table service of food and beverage
- SITXINV006 Receive, store and maintain stock
- SITHFAB023 Operate a bar
- SITHFAB021 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITXWHS006 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
- SITHACS009 Clean premises and equipment
- SITHFAB022 Clean and tidy bar areas
- SITHIND006 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- BSBTWK501 Lead diversity and inclusion
- SITXCCS014 Provide customer service
Throughout the course you’ll learn key competencies like how to identify and control food hazards and what do when handling customer complaints. All of the skills taught throughout the training will be directly applicable to nearly any hospitality environment.
Click here for the Course Brochure.
This course can be delivered in face to face sessions at a given time and venue and/or can be partially completed online.
What do you need to know?
The Certificate IV in Hospitality runs for 24 months for most full-time workers, however it can take more or less time based on your schedule and prior skill set. The course has no prerequisites for entry.
The training can be completed via online courses, structured classroom sessions or a combination of the two. The Barringtons’ team is happy to provide flexible options to suit your needs.
Once you have finished all 10 course units you will receive a Certificate IV in Hospitality or a Statement of Attainment for competencies completed. This certification may gain recognition of your studies towards the Diploma in Hospitality.
Contact the Barringtons’ team for more info!
Earning your nationally accredited Certificate IV in Hospitality is no small feat. That’s why you want to undergo training with an organisation you can trust. Barringtons has over 25 years of experience delivering registered and nationally accredited training to organisations and individual professionals across Australia. We are confident we can deliver you the best training possible with the most engaging trainers available. Contact us to learn more.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
Be Trained by Barringtons RTO provider number 91397