SIT30821 Certificate III in Commerical Cookery
Take the next step in your hospitality career with Certificate III in Commercial Cookery. This hands-on course is the stepping stone for you to become a Commis Chef, Chef or Assistant Chef in restaurants, hotels, pubs, clubs and cafes.
Throughout this highly practical course you'll get to hone your creative cooking skills by learning how to create amazing desserts, cakes patries and breads. You'll learn skills across every aspect of kitchen management, from running a fast-paced kitchen, planning and costing menus and preparing five star food.
Barringtons offer this nationally accredited training course in a flexible format, meaning you get the training you need when it is convenient for you.
- SITHCCC023 Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC027 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC028 Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC029 Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- SITHCCC030 Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes
- SITHCCC031 Prepare vegetarian and vegan dishes
- SITHCCC035 Prepare poultry dishes
- SITHCCC036 Prepare meat dishes
- SITHCCC037 Prepare seafood dishes
- SITHCCC041 Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- SITHCCC042 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHCCC043 Work effectively as a cook
- SITHKOP009 Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITHKOP010 Plan and cost recipes
- SITHPAT016 Produce desserts
- SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA006 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXHRM007 Coach others in job skills
- SITXINV006 Receive, store and maintain stock
- SITXWHS005 Participate in safe work practices
- SITHCCC025 Prepare and present sandwiches
- SITHCCC026 Package prepared foodstuffs
- SITHASC021 Prepare Asian appetisers and snacks
- BSBSUS211 Participate in sustainable work practices
- SITXCOM007 Show social and cultural sensitivity
For more details, download the information kit.
This course can be delivered in face to face sessions at a given time and venue and/or can be partially completed online.
What do you need to know?
The Certificate III in Commercial Cookery runs for 12 - 24 months for most full-time workers, however it can take more or less time based on your schedule and prior skill set. The course has no prerequisites for entry.
The training can be completed via online courses, structured classroom sessions or a combination of the two. The Barringtons’ team is happy to provide flexible options to suit your needs.
Once you have finished all 25 course units (21 core units, 4 elective units) you will receive a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or a Statement of Attainment for competencies completed. This certification may gain recognition of your studies towards the Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery.
Contact the Barringtons’ team for more info!
With over 25 years of experience, Barringtons are confident we can deliver the best training possible with the most engaging trainers available. Contact us to learn more.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
Be Trained by Barringtons RTO provider number 91397